Loudon County Visitors Bureau
1075 Highway 321 North
Lenoir City, TN 37771
Phone:(865)986-6822
FAX: (865)458-1206

Hours of Operation:(Year Round) Monday through Saturday 9 A.M. until 5 P.M.Closed on Sunday

 

 

 

 

It's no wonder Loudon County is touted as the Lakeway to the Smokies, with several lakes and rivers embracing and enhancing the county, including Fort Loudoun, Tellico, Watts Bar and Melton Hill Lakes and the Tennessee and Clinch Rivers. Enjoy lakeside parks, boating, fishing, hiking and many other relaxing activities in Loudon County.

Our beautiful Visitors Bureau is equipped with everything you need to plan your visit to Loudon County and East Tennessee! We have a friendly, knowledgeable staff with many resources at their disposal to make Loudon County a perfect destination.

Plus, our facility has a well-equipped conference room that can accommodate up to 58 people.

Calendar of Events

For thousands of years, Native Americans hunted and camped along the banks of the Little Tennessee River. The Icehouse Bottom site, located a few miles southwest of Greenback, is believed to have been inhabited as early as 9,000 years ago, making it one of the oldest known habitation sites in Tennessee.

Lenoir City is a full-service City on the outskirts of the greater metropolitan Knoxville area. Lenoir City has a strong commercial base on Highway 321, coupled with a very charming Historic Downtown Area. Lenoir City is nationally known as the "Lake Capital of the South" from the fact that Lenoir City is surrounded by 3 beautiful lakes which have many recreational outlets.

Loudon County was formed on May 27, 1870 from portions of Roane, Monroe and Blount counties. Originally, it was named Christiana County, but a few days later the name was changed to Loudon in honor of nearby colonial Fort Loudoun named for John Campbell.

Philadelphia is one of the oldest towns in the state of Tennessee. A fairly accurate estimate of the origin of the town can be arrived at by the use of a map of Philadelphia dated April, 1822. It is possible that the town was originally laid out in the Fall of 1821.

Canoeist and Kayakers




Our Community




Civil War Trails




Back to top